vestr is a Swiss FinTech startup founded in 2017. Our mission is to automate the entire value chain for Actively Managed Certificates (AMCs) – a family of financial products that is very similar in character to investment funds. We digitize the life-cycle management, trade execution and reporting for these products. Our product’s core engine relies on an event-driven, service-oriented Node.js framework written in TypeScript.
End clients, which include one of Europe’s largest private banks, can choose between a managed service, entirely hosted in Switzerland, and an on-premises solution.
- Become part of our experienced and highly skilled scrum team
- Implement complex web interfaces such as intricate trading workflows and complex financial reports using the latest front-end technologies
- Be involved in future front-end design and architecture decisions
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficient in React/Redux including new APIs such as Context API and Hooks
- Basic Knowledge of Typescript
- Understanding of code versioning tools
- Good English skills (oral and written)
- Clear and reliable communication
- Enjoys working in a team
Nice to have
- Expertise in Typescript including relevant work experience with React and Typescript
- Knowledge of web standards, e.g. native DOM, Event APIs, web workers, etc, as well as cross-vendor compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with server-side rendering and routing, Redux-Saga, CSS-in-JS libraries, Apollo GraphQL, and test-driven development with JEST and storybook
- A Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or engineering
- Prior financial services experience